When you have a Histamine Intolerance there are two possibilities - histamine-free diet or easily take Daosin® before the meals.
A histamine-free diet is the first step in the treatment of histamine intolerance. This often means a drastic change in eating habits and being unable to eat many of the foods that you love
A histamine-free diet means abstaining from histamine-rich food. It has to be considered, that for example, not only fresh tomatoes contain histamine, but all mixed products containing tomato, like ketchup and pizza.
This probably means abstinence from your favourite dishes! Furthermore your meal could contain hints of histamine despite a selective choice. For a low-histamine diet fresh foods are generally preferable.
The following food is recommended for a low-histamine diet
- Water, coffee and tea
- Potatoes, rice and noodles
- Cereal products
- Fresh dairy products, like buttermilk, yoghurt, curd cheese and cream cheese
- Vegetables like leaf salads, cauliflower, broccoli, chicory, field salad, cucumber, carrot, garlic, pumpkin, sweet pepper, mushrooms, radish, rhubarb, asparagus, zucchini, onion
- Fruits like apple, nectarine, peach, plum, cherry, melon, gooseberry, blueberry, lemon
- Herbs and spices
- Plant oil, vinegar essence
- Meat, poultry, fish and meat precuts only fresh or frozen
- Fresh eggs